This Annex to the Java SE 9
Specification contains drafts of the Java SE 9 Editions of
The Java Language
Specification (JLS) and
The Java Virtual Machine
The drafts for Proposed Final Draft include all changes made to the
JLS and JVMS since the Java SE 8 Edition, that is, since the Final Release
of JSR 337. The changes comprise:
- Corrections and clarifications made to the Final Release of
JSR 337 by the Maintenance Release of JSR 337 in
- Corrections and clarifications made to the Maintenance Release of
JSR 337 by this Proposed Final Draft of JSR 379
- Additions for small features that are not the subject of a
Component JSR Specification:
JEP 193 Variable
JEP 211 Elide
Deprecation Warnings on Import Statements
JEP 213 Milling
JEP 277 Enhanced
In each document, the differences between the Java SE 8 and 9 Editions
are indicated by change bars and colored text:
- Bright blue text indicates a modification of material in
the Java SE 8 Edition.
- Red text indicates new material in the Java SE 9 Edition.
- The addition of small features is sometimes flagged as a
modification of material, sometimes as new material, and sometimes as a
combination of both.
- It is sometimes desirable to highlight the scale of a modification,
in which case text from the Java SE 8 Edition is crossed out and the
text of the Java SE 9 Edition is presented in bright blue or red.
- For production reasons, the drafts include additions for
JSR 376 Java Platform Module System in dark blue text. These
additions are not intended as part of this Proposed Final Draft of
Informative background to the specific issues addressed by the changes
in these drafts is available in the JDK Bug System under the
specification/language subcomponent, for the JLS, and the specification/vm
subcomponent, for the JVMS.
Changes to the JLS in the JSR 337 FR by the JSR 337 MR
Changes to the JVMS in the JSR 337 FR by the JSR 337 MR
Changes to the JLS in the JSR 337 MR by this JSR 379 PR
Changes to the JVMS in the JSR 337 MR by this JSR 379 PR